Tec Trimix 65
This course opens up the advantages of trimix to the diver, and divers are qualified to make multi-stop decompression dives that employ EANx and oxygen for accelerated decompression, and any trimix with an oxygen content of 18% or more.
They can dive to a maximum depth of 65 metres/210 feet.
What You’ll Learn
The PADI Tec Trimix 65 course is intended to extend the depth range of technical divers already trained and qualified to use air,¬†enriched air¬†and oxygen for technical decompression dives beyond 50 metres /165 feet.
This course is for¬†Tec 50¬†divers (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization). The course extends your depth range capabilities by training you to use trimix (a blend of helium, oxygen and nitrogen).
‚ÄĘ¬†Plan and execute at least five dives using EANx and trimix blends
‚ÄĘ¬†Use decompression software to create custom dive tables and dive plans
‚ÄĘ¬†Make training dives as deep as¬†65 metres/210 feet
Scuba Gear You’ll Use
- Double¬†cylinders¬†(minimum 12 litre/70 cubic feet¬†each, with larger preferred) with isolator manifold
- Primary and secondary¬†regulators, one with two metre/seven foot hose (approximately) for gas sharing, and one with SPG
- Stage/decompression¬†cylinders¬†with¬†regulator, SPG, mounting hardware and proper labeling/markings. Two per diver will be required
- Backup decompression¬†cylinders¬†as appropriate and required for the environment
- BCD¬†and harness ‚Äď redundant buoyancy control is required (double bladder BCD or¬†dry suit¬†if suitable for weight of equipment worn)
- Depth gauge/computer¬†and backup depth gauge/computer
- Timing device¬†and backup timing device
- Trimix decompression information (tables/trimix computer) and backup decompression information
- Exposure suit¬†appropriate for environment and dive duration. (If you use a¬†dry suit, you should be trained/experienced with its use in recreational and technical diving prior to using it for trimix training or diving.)
- Argon¬†dry suit¬†inflation or other inflation system as needed
- Weight system¬†(if needed)
- Jon line (if needed for current diving environments)
- Inflatable signal tube
- Lift bag (bright yellow or per local community practice preferred)
- Dive knife / cutting device¬†and backup slate, backup¬†mask¬†(optional)
- Compass, lights (optional)
- Drift kit (if drift decompressing)
Learning Materials You’ll Need
Tec Trimix Diver Crew-Pak
The Tec Trimix Diver Crew-Pak includes all required materials,¬† including: manual, deep stop calculation table, trimix decal and emergency procedures slate.
Topics covered include:
* Trimix diving depth ranges
* Exposure planning
* Selecting a mix
* Argon inflation systems
* Handling three or four decompression cylinders
* Decompression models
* Emergency procedures
* Face masks and multi-gas computers.
To purchase this product, contact Javier at JavierTech here!
- Be a¬†PADI Rescue Diver¬†(or hold a qualifying certification from another organization and having proof of CPR and first aid training with the previous two years).
- Be certified as a¬†Tec 50¬†(or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have logged at least 100 dives
- Have a¬†medical form¬†signed by your physician.