Tec Sidemount offers the same benefits as the Sidemount Diver course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2+ cylinders for extended dive times.
The Tec Sidemount Diver course is a great way to get started into technical diving because the skills you learn in this course will train you to handle multiple cylinders on a single dive. You can combine what you learn in the Tec Sidemount Diver course with other open-circuit tec courses that you take, or certifications you’ve already earned, to take advantage of sidemount’s cylinder configuration and handling advantages.
- Be certified as a Sidemount Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization
- Have logged 30 or more dives
- At least 18 years old
- Certification as an Enriched Air Diver is required
The Sidemount TEC also forms one of the four modules of the Advanced Cave diver program which can be conducted back to back, in pairs or individually:
- Side Mount Diver – The course trains the diver in the use of both side and no mount equipment configurations for the cave diving environment with an emphasis on equipment configuration and safety procedures.
Prerequisites as part of Advance Full Cave Diver Course:
- Diver must be qualified as a Full Cave Diver or equivalent
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of 25 logged cave dives
- Fulfill general equipment requirements for Cave Diver programs –
- Specialty equipment as specified in the Cave Diver Specialty Student Workbook
Side Mount Diver Requirements:
- Side mount harness & buoyancy device approved by instructor prior to course