The Multistage diver program is one of the four distinct modules required as part of the Advanced Full Cave Diver course which can be conducted back to back, in pairs or individually:
The Multiple Stage Diving course extends the cave divers cave penetration capabilities by the use of staging multiple cylinders throughout the planned inward swim. The emphasis is on gas management planning and emergency procedures.
- Diver must be qualified as a Full Cave Diver or equivalent
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of 25 logged cave dives
- Fulfill general equipment requirements for Cave Diver programs –
- Specialty equipment as specified in the Cave Diver Specialty Student Workbook
Multi-Stage Diver Requirements:
- Suitably rigged stage cylinder and regulator with SPG for each cylinder/regulator combo
For this course, divers are expected to be fully conversant with the use and appropriate configuration of twin sets or sidemount.