The Advanced Cave diver program consists of four distinct modules which can be conducted back to back, in pairs or individually:
- Side Mount DiverÂ – The course trains the diver in the use of both side and no mount equipment configurations for the cave diving environment with an emphasis on equipment configuration and safety procedures.
- Multiple Stage DivingÂ – The course extends the cave divers cave penetration capabilities by the use of staging multiple cylinders throughout the planned inward swim. The emphasis is on gas management planning and emergency procedures.
- Cave SurveyingÂ – The course teaches the diver to gather survey data during cave dives to be used after theÂ dive to draw up maps and surveys of cave passages and includes a review of survey tools and equipment and team projects to gather data and produce surveys
- DPV DiverÂ – The course trains the diver in the safe operation of diver propulsion vehicles, firstly in the open water to develop skills then in the cave environment to put the learnt skills in to practice. The course covers emergency procedures including DPV failure, diver tows and gas shares whilst using DPV’s. Â The DPV Diver course may be run as a module of the Advanced Cave program in the cave environment or in the Open water environment as a stand alone course.
- Diver must be qualified as a Full Cave Diver or equivalent
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of 25 logged cave dives
- Fulfill general equipment requirements for Cave Diver programs –
- Specialty equipment as specified in the Cave Diver Specialty Student Workbook
Side Mount Diver Requirements:
- Side mount harness & buoyancy device approved by instructor prior to course
Multi-Stage Diver Requirements:
- Suitably rigged stage cylinder and regulator with SPG for each cylinder/regulator combo
Survey Diver Requirements:
- Suitable survey slate and equipment needed to record data
DPV Diver Requirements:
- Suitable DPV for dives planned
Full Advanced Cave Diver practical execution of different types of cave systems and scenarios divers encounter are presented using any or all of the components required for the specialist modules.
Emphasis is placed upon dive planning and skill perfection through actual cave penetration. The primary focus of the Advanced Full Cave Diver course is establishing proper procedures for completing traverses and circuits using all or any of the speciality modules. At this stage divers are expected to be fully conversant with the use and appropriate configuration of twin sets or sidemount.