Tec Sidemount offers the same benefits as the Sidemount Diver courseÂ but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2+ cylinders for extended dive times.
The Tec Sidemount Diver course is a great way to get started into technical diving because the skills you learn in this course will train you to handle multiple cylinders on a single dive. You can combine what you learn in the Tec Sidemount Diver course with other open-circuit tec courses that you take, or certifications youâ€™ve already earned, to take advantage of sidemountâ€™s cylinder configuration and handling advantages.
- Be certified as aÂ Sidemount DiverÂ or have a qualifying certification from another training organization
- Have logged 30 or more dives
- At least 18 years old
- Certification as anÂ Enriched Air DiverÂ is required
- Side Mount DiverÂ – The course trains the diver in the use of both side and no mount equipment configurations for the cave diving environment with an emphasis on equipment configuration and safety procedures.
Prerequisites as part of Advance Full Cave Diver Course:
- Diver must be qualified as a Full Cave Diver or equivalent
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of 25 logged cave dives
- Fulfill general equipment requirements for Cave Diver programs –
- Specialty equipment as specified in the Cave Diver Specialty Student Workbook
Side Mount Diver Requirements:
- Side mount harness & buoyancy device approved by instructor prior to course